These topics include, but are not limited to:
- Active listening
- Initiating and engaging in difficult conversations
- Building/strengthening effective teams (for virtual or in-space environments)
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Using email effectively and productively
- Being an active bystander/upstander
- Navigating the advisor/advisee and/or mentor/mentee relationships
- Negotiation basics
- Conflict basics
Additionally, the Ombuds Office will tailor a training for the particular needs of your department or team, including focusing on a specific topic of interest or gearing the training to a specific audience (e.g., faculty, staff, students).
Lastly, the Ombuds Office regularly provides presentations focused on introducing the Ombuds Office and its services to the University community. Not only does this allow for the University community to learn more about the conflict management services offered by the Ombuds Office, but also it allows the community to associate a face with the office and for the Ombuds Office to learn more about you and your team.
Please reach out to the Ombuds Office to discuss how we can assist your group and department.